- No more than 3 personal items on your desk.
- No obscuring the translucent partitions.
- No whiteboards.
Rules like these require either a system put in place to snitch on your fellow coworkers or someone to watch for violations as part of their job.
This isn’t to mention rules such as the following:
- No window seats below a certain pay grade.
- No cubes above a certain shape and size below a certain pay grade.
- No non-fixed tables for certain cube types.
- Only one chair per cube.
- Contractors can only have a single desk and not a cube.
These rules often require a lot of effort, such as tearing down and rebuilding all of the cubes, just to be in compliance.